Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JSher
Frequent Visitor

Bing Map Options

Hello,

I have a map visual created and am trying to do a couple of things I cannot seem to get.

1: Is there a way to show the scale legend you see on maps IE |------| 1km that usually appears in the lower right on the bing map in a browser.

2: I have cars gps coordinates displayed. I put the car name into the legend and it makes all cars a different colour on the map but I would like to somehow make all cars EXCEPT a known 2 one colour and the rest another color.  I know I can change the color individually but I have 75 different ones.

Thanks,

--James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi JSher,

Question 1: I have not seen how to do this with Bing or ArcGIS. Try the custom visual iconMapv3. This visual includes a scale in the map control settings.

Question 2: From my understanding of your post, the following may work. 

I have used Australian cities as your "car GPS coordinates".

Create a measure for the 2 car types in question, assigning a value of 1 to your  two cars and a value of 2 to all other cars.

My2CarColours = IF(MAX(AUS[city]) = "Broken Hill" || MAX(AUS[city]) = "Cobar" , 1, 2 )

Only use lat and long on the map. Do not add anything to legend.

Then, via Format-> Data Colours, use the Fx function to format by colour scale setting your two cars (Custom Value of 1)  to one colour and all others to another colour (Custom Value of 2).

You can see the 2 cities, Broken Hill and Cobar are red, and all other cities are blue.

Sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lmmki6612ihp6o/Show2Cars.pbix?dl=0 

Show 2 GPS locations in one colourShow 2 GPS locations in one colour

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi JSher,

Question 1: I have not seen how to do this with Bing or ArcGIS. Try the custom visual iconMapv3. This visual includes a scale in the map control settings.

Question 2: From my understanding of your post, the following may work. 

I have used Australian cities as your "car GPS coordinates".

Create a measure for the 2 car types in question, assigning a value of 1 to your  two cars and a value of 2 to all other cars.

My2CarColours = IF(MAX(AUS[city]) = "Broken Hill" || MAX(AUS[city]) = "Cobar" , 1, 2 )

Only use lat and long on the map. Do not add anything to legend.

Then, via Format-> Data Colours, use the Fx function to format by colour scale setting your two cars (Custom Value of 1)  to one colour and all others to another colour (Custom Value of 2).

You can see the 2 cities, Broken Hill and Cobar are red, and all other cities are blue.

Sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lmmki6612ihp6o/Show2Cars.pbix?dl=0 

Show 2 GPS locations in one colourShow 2 GPS locations in one colour

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.