Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dw700d
Post Patron
Post Patron

blank value on card if nothing is selected

I have a table below with two columns, President and Vice President. I would like to create a measure  that will be placed on a card. The measure would default to blank when no item on the below table is selected 

dw700d_0-1683662032940.png

When the president column of my table is selected it will return the corresponding president as shown below.

dw700d_1-1683662156218.png

When Vice president  is in a table by itself and is selected it will return the corresponding president as shown below

dw700d_2-1683662379436.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syk
Super User
Super User

You can create a measure to get the column you've selected. The second argument is the alternate result. This is what will display if the selected value is <>1 record.

President = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[President], '')

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syk
Super User
Super User

You can create a measure to get the column you've selected. The second argument is the alternate result. This is what will display if the selected value is <>1 record.

President = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[President], '')

@Syk Thanks for your response. it does not seem to work in the last scenario where im selecting from a table with on the Vice President

dw700d_0-1683668018419.png

You want the President to return when you select the VP, correct? I believe your screenshot shows it doing that and in my test it works. I did make a slight adjustment to the measure I gave you just changing the single quotes to double quotes.

Syk_0-1683719339327.png

@Syk  i see my mistake, thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.