Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBILover
Helper V
Helper V

auto export power Bi data to pipe deliminated format and update the blob

Hi,

I have a requirment  to auto export power Bi data to pipe deliminated format and update the blob. I can do this by using RScript and MS flow to update the blob.  but to run this i need a VM where i have to install the personal gateway to run the RScript.

Is there any way to use the Rest API and export the power BI report data in a above format and update the blob?

Does anyone tried a different way other than RScript or Python to achieve this?

Can we use any third party tool for this?(Example DAX studio)

Thnak you very much for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBILover ,

Currently as far as I know, Power BI Rest API supports the below file format:

vyingjl_0-1633055748267.png

Perhaps using R Script could be a better workaround in this case.

Or you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PBILover
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you for the update @v-yingjl, I will try to use the RScript.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBILover ,

Currently as far as I know, Power BI Rest API supports the below file format:

vyingjl_0-1633055748267.png

Perhaps using R Script could be a better workaround in this case.

Or you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.