Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MrMike
Helper II
Helper II

Stop yellow message bar on top

Everytime I open my template, Power BI desktop puts a yellow bar at the top with the message, "One or more calculated objects need to manually refreshed."  I don't have any data, so why does this message apprear? I know I can just click the X or click the "Refresh Now" button, but I would rather not get this message at all. Also co-worker get confused when they see that message.

No visualizations in my template and no data in data model. Just company icon and rectangle shape and text box.

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrMike what power bi desktop version you are using?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Version: 2.96.1061.0 64-bit (August 2021)

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrMike ,

Is there a model present in your report such as the name of some data-populated table?
I can't reproduce your problem, can you provide me with a Pbix file without sensitive data so I can help you troubleshoot the problem?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Were you able to download my test power bi template and screen capture? The yellow bar shows up in both the shared test power bi template and in my company power bi template. I am guess it is a Power BI default that can not be stopped.

I shared two files with edit permission turned off.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuT6XBl4Edy5gYY0XZDgZ0AifkD8pg?e=ipPcxe

Also need to say this is a template file so not sure if that makes a difference.

If first link doesn't work try this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuT6XBl4Edy5gYY2e6cvjkRqkjSekw?e=ZHzaut

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrMike weird, do you have any parameters?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

no parameters

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.