cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShradhaJain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

add calculated row to an existing table

Hi , 

I have a table already created which is pulled from an excel data source. Using the values in table , I want to add some calculated rows to th exiting table . Is there a way to do it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: add calculated row to an existing table

@ShradhaJain 

The Power Query exists in Power BI as well.

Go to Home Tab>>Edit Queries.. You will see a familiar interface just like Excel

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You can do it by pivoting the relevant column, doing the desired calculation as new custom columns and then unpivoting back
Here is a very simple example

http://www.excelnaccess.com/adding-calculated-row-calculated-items-using-power-query/
Frequent Visitor

Hi , 

Thanks for the below solution . I know how to do it on an Excel . I was talking about Power  BI . Is there a way I can achieve this in Power BI ?

Super User
Super User

@ShradhaJain 

The Power Query exists in Power BI as well.

Go to Home Tab>>Edit Queries.. You will see a familiar interface just like Excel

Frequent Visitor

Hi ,

My table has multipe columns , few with calculated percentages . I have been using the unpivot and pivot functions to add rows and apply certain data transformations . When I finally unpivot the data of the data, I lose the transformation applied on the % columns . Is there a way I retain the transformation of the columns when I unpivot them .