Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShradhaJain
Frequent Visitor

add calculated row to an existing table

Hi , 

I have a table already created which is pulled from an excel data source. Using the values in table , I want to add some calculated rows to th exiting table . Is there a way to do it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ShradhaJain 

The Power Query exists in Power BI as well.

Go to Home Tab>>Edit Queries.. You will see a familiar interface just like Excel

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can do it by pivoting the relevant column, doing the desired calculation as new custom columns and then unpivoting back
Here is a very simple example

http://www.excelnaccess.com/adding-calculated-row-calculated-items-using-power-query/

Regards
Zubair

Hi , 

Thanks for the below solution . I know how to do it on an Excel . I was talking about Power  BI . Is there a way I can achieve this in Power BI ?

@ShradhaJain 

The Power Query exists in Power BI as well.

Go to Home Tab>>Edit Queries.. You will see a familiar interface just like Excel

Regards
Zubair

Hi ,

My table has multipe columns , few with calculated percentages . I have been using the unpivot and pivot functions to add rows and apply certain data transformations . When I finally unpivot the data of the data, I lose the transformation applied on the % columns . Is there a way I retain the transformation of the columns when I unpivot them . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.