Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

analitika123
Helper II
Helper II

Wrong visual in Power BI

Hello.

I am getting werid visual in Power BI. Line chart. Single horizontal one value line. I expected to see values dynamic.

analitika123_0-1683281103245.png

2 REPLIES 2
saurabhkudale96
Frequent Visitor

Hello @analitika123 ,

If you are seeing a single horizontal line in your Power BI line chart, it could mean that there is only one value in your data that is being plotted. This can happen if you have not selected the right fields or if your data is not organized properly.

To make sure that your line chart is dynamic and showing the values you expect, try the following steps:

1. Check your data: Make sure that your data is organized correctly, and that you have more than one value that can be plotted. You can do this by checking your data source and verifying that there are multiple data points that can be used to generate a line chart.

2. Check your chart configuration: Make sure that your line chart is configured correctly. You can do this by selecting the chart and going to the "Visualizations" pane. Check that the "Values" field is populated with the correct data, and that the "Category" field is also correct.

3. Adjust your visualization settings: In the "Visualizations" pane, you can adjust the settings for your line chart to make sure that it is showing the data correctly. Try changing the "Type" of the chart to see if a different visualization type better suits your data.

4. Check your data modeling: If you are still having issues, it could be that your data model needs to be adjusted. This may involve creating calculated columns or measures to properly organize and aggregate your data.

I see many values

analitika123_0-1683282775898.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.