Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ed-ytoc
Frequent Visitor

Why do I get: "Adding dynamic values isn't supported in this application"?

I'm trying to create a dynamic value in a text box but when I am unable to add a dynamic value. I have previosuly been able to do this very recently in the same PBIX file.  I have also noticed I cannot enable Q&A (which I understand Dynamic Values require)

edytoc_0-1633008757005.png

edytoc_1-1633008881157.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ed-ytoc
Frequent Visitor

Solved the issue. It appears you need to set the Language in Modelling > Q&A. This appears to have become necessary since the September update as I hadn't set this value before

edytoc_0-1633344058242.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
swarren
Frequent Visitor

I get the same error ,but don't see any of the settings for Q&A in the modelling tab. I have the 2022 May Desktop RS edition

RS edition does not have the same feature set as standard edition.  Q&A is a cloud feature as far as I am aware.

Alright, so I am stuck with cards, thanks

ed-ytoc
Frequent Visitor

Solved the issue. It appears you need to set the Language in Modelling > Q&A. This appears to have become necessary since the September update as I hadn't set this value before

edytoc_0-1633344058242.png

I am having the same issues, I am in the Modelling tab, however, I do not see the QA or Language setting options: 

OPSMLTSD_0-1643910053852.png

is there anything I need to click to enable this?

Either you use an older version of Power BI Desktop or you haven't enabled Q&A in the preview section under options.

I am using the May 2021 version because that's the version my organization prefers to be on at this moment. Do you know if Q&A can be enabled in May 2021 version? And if so how?

should be Power BI May 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

As to how - check the options.  File...Options and Settings...Options.

I was not aware of that. Thank you for finding the solution.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Did you inadvertently disable Q&A cache in the options?

@lbendlin I don't think so, the the image below. The Q&A Cache is in use (I'm not actually sure how to disable it?)

edytoc_0-1633334987937.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.