Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

When exporting pdf it is cut off

Good Esteemed

I tell them that when I use Power bi and export my report comes out cut in PDF (you can only see half of it), I tell them that I already checked the general configurations of power bi, I also checked the page configurations and canvas format, and I don't have any solution.

I checked these configurations on another computer that does export the PDF report well and the configurations are exactly the same and even the power bi version is the same, I tried uninstalling Adobe Pdf and I started using chrome and I Explorer as a PDF viewer and I can't find any solution.

I hope to have some solution soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Please update Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to the version 118.0.2088.76

You may go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version.

Version 118.0.2088.76 fixed it . Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vzhangti_0-1698817326390.png

You may also try the following steps and check if this issue can be solved.

1. Launch Power BI Desktop
Once it's running, open the Task Manager and expand Power BI Desktop:

vzhangti_1-1698817327063.png

2. Right-click on the WebView2 GPU Process and select "Properties"
3. Go to the "Details" tab and confirm the version number is >= 118.0.2088.76
If this version is higher than 118.0.2088.76, please download and try the fixed version runtime for 117.0.2045.60 here: https://msedge.sf.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/7c1ee55b-f219-4550-bdb7-08...
4. Extract the cab file using a tool like 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org/)
5. Set the environment variable WebView2FixedVersionFolder to the file path. Ex:
WebView2FixedVersionFolder
C:\users\bwayne\Downloads\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.117.0.2045.60.x64
6. Launch Power BI Desktop and confirm through the Task Manager that version 117 is being used.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Tester500
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm if a lasting solution have been found for this problem. 

I am currenly running WebView2 - ver 119.0.2151.72 and PDF is still being cut when exported from PowerBI.

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Please update Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to the version 118.0.2088.76

You may go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version.

Version 118.0.2088.76 fixed it . Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vzhangti_0-1698817326390.png

You may also try the following steps and check if this issue can be solved.

1. Launch Power BI Desktop
Once it's running, open the Task Manager and expand Power BI Desktop:

vzhangti_1-1698817327063.png

2. Right-click on the WebView2 GPU Process and select "Properties"
3. Go to the "Details" tab and confirm the version number is >= 118.0.2088.76
If this version is higher than 118.0.2088.76, please download and try the fixed version runtime for 117.0.2045.60 here: https://msedge.sf.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/7c1ee55b-f219-4550-bdb7-08...
4. Extract the cab file using a tool like 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org/)
5. Set the environment variable WebView2FixedVersionFolder to the file path. Ex:
WebView2FixedVersionFolder
C:\users\bwayne\Downloads\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.117.0.2045.60.x64
6. Launch Power BI Desktop and confirm through the Task Manager that version 117 is being used.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good afternoon

The solution is with the download to the latest version of Power BI 2.122.746.0 on 10/14/2023.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

I hope they manage to solve the problem!

I'm having this same issue.. Are there any updates from Microsoft to resolve?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

So far, we have not found a satisfactory solution; we tried the latest version of Power BI but it didn't work.

I suggest that for now, as you have already mentioned, publish the report on the Power BI page (https://app.powerbi.com) and export it from the page itself, since the only thing to take into account would be the graphs that we add from AppSource, which sometimes cannot be viewed.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, at the moment the solution I found is to use a computer with a higher resolution

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, did you find any solution? The same thing happens to me, is it a problem with the latest update of the power BI? Somebody knows when they fix it

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Performing an analysis of the different scenarios and based on what is mentioned by all users I found that the problem is due to a compatibility issue of screen resolution, if your computers have a resolution different from 1080 x 1920 the exported documents will be cut since the program takes a screenshot of what you have on the screen, As the resolution is lower, it only takes what is within the space of the computer where you are working, but if the resolution is equal to or greater than the one mentioned above, the presentations come out fine.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

This way you can, but if you have visuals that you bring from the store, they can't be viewed in the PDF; This happened in my case

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

This way you can, but if you have visuals that you bring from the store, they can't be viewed in the PDF; This happened in my case

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same thing happens to me, when I take it to PDF it enlarges them a lot

😭

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears there are quite a few different threads regarding the same issue.  I too started having this issue earlier this week.  However, the only fix I've been able to come up with is manually making the canvas size bigger.  As the user stated below, its a bit of trial and error, but keep adjusting the custom width and height and you should come up with a pdf that is viewable and not cropped.

Good luck!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

It's the same with me, it seems like it's a general failure

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good morning!

Since Monday the 23rd I have had the same problem, when exporting the PBI reports to PDF, they are cut off. I tried using old versions of PBI like July 2023, I've even October 2022 (from a year ago), but it didn't work either. Hopefully a correction to this problem will be achieved soon

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The exact same thing happened to me, I made a malfunction report.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you, hopefully you can repair it soon.

Bibi_Rukshar

Hi Everyone,

A solution is to publish the power bi desktop on your workspace and then, on the workspace you have the option of exporting to pdf.

Bibi_Rukshar_0-1698140780399.png

Bibi_Rukshar_1-1698140961856.png

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same problem happens to me.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same problem I just had, out of nowhere he started exporting cut.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.