Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerrrBrrr
Helper III
Helper III

What does this error mean in Power bi?

I have an ODBC connection and a Postgre connection(Direct Query) in my model. I have a slicer on timestamp coming from Postgre connection and another slicer of Ids from ODBC connection and I have a line chart where I have timestamp in one axis and values on Y axis (both from ODBC table) and Legend are Ids from Postgre Sql db. Everything works fine and I can see my line chart without any issue, but if I select more than 4 ids in slicer I get below error. What does this mean?? and how can I avoid it. Even in time lsicer I select 1 day and select more than 4 ids I  still get same error.

Error received:

I have a  OLE DB or ODBC error: PostgreSQL:42000 Total limit on amount of aggregated datapoints exceeded

2 REPLIES 2
PowerrrBrrr
Helper III
Helper III

@negi007 I checked these two links before and the error mentioned here is different with what I have mentioned and that's why I posted the question 🙂 

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerrrBrrr try if below links can help you

https://blog.pythian.com/fix-sql-server-to-postgresql-linked-server-error-requested-conversion-is-no...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-error-DataSource-Error-ODBC-ERROR-42000-Micr...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.