Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

takui12
Frequent Visitor

Weird format for some exported data in excel

Hi guys,

I've this weird problem opening data.csv generated in powerbi, in excel.

takui12_0-1712752701476.png

as you could see, the first column numbers, in excel results in a weird format, even if that column properties are numbers as the others...

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @takui12 ,

About your problem, after my test, temporarily can not reproduce your problem, perhaps you can use the FORMAT function to display the definition of the format of your data.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1712804292956.png

vzhouwenmsft_1-1712804344042.png

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think it happens as a mismatch of regional settings in pbi/excel, but I've tried to switch from usa/europe and I still get the same error...

Hi @takui12 ,

I also noticed this problem, my region uses "," as the thousands separator. If changing the regional settings manually does not work.Perhaps you can refer to the following article and use the Format function with the appropriate region code to customize the formatting.

Solved: FORMAT() of numbers not using regional settings - Microsoft Fabric Community

Individual country codes:

saimana.com

vzhouwenmsft_0-1712817216158.png

vzhouwenmsft_1-1712817275700.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.