Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weighted Average Based on Variable Benchmarks

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for the help! Basically, I need to compare different values to benchmark values and loop the difference into a weighted average by service. The trick is that I need to be able to change the benchmark values based on my slicer selections. 

In more detail, I have data at the code-level that is grouped by service. Each code has an associated reimbursement that I need to benchmark (based on values in a different file that link by the code). I then execute the equation (1 - (Benchmark Value / Reimbursement)) in order to get the "discount" to benchmark. (e.g. Code 69436 would need to be discounted 20% to match the benchmark).

I then need to get a weighted average to see the overall discount by service. My solution to this is to use a helper column that multiplies the # of accounts by the discount. I then add up the helper column total by service and divide by the # of accounts by service to get the weighted average. 

I can get the discounts by service easily enough, but I haven't been able to filter the benchmark value and have it work into the equation. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks in advance for the help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try SELECTEDVALUE to add a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try SELECTEDVALUE to add a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.