Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paulfink
Post Patron
Post Patron

Weekly Table that is affected by Start Date - End Date Slicer

Hi guys,

Been working on a report that Shows Change of Progress of different projects from start of last week to end of last week (Monday - Sunday)

Progress is shown as a %

Now im trying to implement a way for a Slicer to filter the dates of my visual so i can see the Change over different periods.

If i select 01/01/2021 - 25/03/2021 (Today), then it should take the Progress from the Start Date (01/01/2021) and  the End Date (25/03/2021) and will show my difference. 

Currently, the way i have been doing this is i have made a seperate Calendar Table that shows Dates of Last Week:

Calendar = calendar(today() - weekday(today(),2)+1,today() + 7 - 1* WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)) 

Last Week = 'Calendar'[Date] - 7

I then get the Progress from Start and End Date:

Progres at Start = LOOKUPVALUE(ProjectProgress[ProgressPercentage],ProjectProgress[ProjectNumber], Projects[ProjectNumber], ProjectProgress[ProgressDate], MIN('Calendar'[Last Week]))

Progres at End = LOOKUPVALUE(ProjectProgress[ProgressPercentage],ProjectProgress[ProjectNumber], Projects[ProjectNumber], ProjectProgress[ProgressDate], MAX('Calendar'[Last Week]))

(Same Formulas just MIN for Start Date and MAX for End Date)

Then i subtract End by Start to get my Change Column figures.

Is there a way to get the slicer to change what dates the Start and End dates will be then show me the difference?

I understand my current way is not the way i will use for this new way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.