Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Viktoria
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall chart connector line between bars

Hi everybody!

I'm encountering an easy, yet peculiar issue.
Where did the format settings for the connector line between bars within the waterfall chart go?
I'm positive that at some point I was able to use them with formating options for line colour and line width and so on,
but now I'm struggling to find those 😄

Viktoria_0-1705523431088.png

If somebody knows where they're currently hiding or if someone has the correct json expression for the theme file...
Everything is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Viktoria
Frequent Visitor

I, of course, tried the above mentioned steps, but was unable to find any configuartion options for the connector lines as I went through all of the below depicted sections multiple times 😄

Viktoria_0-1706861999127.png

However, I was able to detect the mistake.
- The connector lines were on, were however, falsely defined to the colour white in the customised Theme.
- As there currently is no option to change the colour of the lines in Power BI Desktop, I looked through the json file and found the respectice section and changed the colour of "foregroundNeutralTertiary" to the desired colour 🙂

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Viktoria 

For your question, please try the following:

Select the Waterfall Chart: Click on the Waterfall chart in your Power BI report to make it active.

Open the Format Pane: In the Visualizations pane, click on the paint roller icon to open the Format settings.

Connector Line Options: Scroll down within the Format pane until you find the 'Series' or 'Shapes' section (the exact name may vary based on the Power BI version). This is where you can find settings related to connector lines.

You should see options to toggle connector lines on or off.

Additionally, there may be settings for the color, line width, and style of the connector lines.

Please try the steps mentioned above to see if you can access the connector line settings. If you're still unable to find or adjust these settings, you may want to consider the following actions:

Check for Updates: Ensure that your Power BI Desktop is up to date with the latest version. Sometimes features or UI elements are updated, which may change how options are accessed.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.