Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aali2688

Want to exclude lines of data with 0 or no value in any measure

Hi experts,

In the below screenshot, I am struggling with a challenge where power bi shows products having no data or zero values in the specified time period. I only want those products has data in any measure for any dimension in case. 

Highlighted products are the example which should be excluded.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 235206.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aali2688 

Are the columns of values shown in your screenshot all measures? Or only Total Sale is measure?

Below is my test for creating a measure to calculate Total Sale, hope it helps.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1714097320914.png

vxuxinyimsft_3-1714097721423.png

Ensure that “Show items with no data” option shown are unchecked

vxuxinyimsft_2-1714097700161.png

Result:

vxuxinyimsft_4-1714097915260.png

Please feel free to let me know if I've misunderstood you.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the the "Show item with no data" is already unchecked and the approach in Dax using the MAX function is not feasable in my case as I have date wise transactional data for each product in power query window and using this approach I can only get the max value in any of the date against the given product and store.

hope I can explain my situation.

123.jpg

Hi @aali2688 

I modified the source data structure for testing, in which Net Sales and Closing Stock are columns.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1714123546486.png

Then I created a measure as follows.

Measure = 
 VAR _a = CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Closing Stock]),
    ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[ProductID])
 )
  VAR _b = CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Net Sales]),
    ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[ProductID])
 )
 RETURN
_a + _b

Put the measure into the visual-level filters, set up show items when the value is not 0.

vxuxinyimsft_1-1714123703654.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank yo for your help. 

Your approach is beneficial to control this kind of situation but in power bi desktop or service. here I have users available using "Analyze in Excel" where cant use this in filters. 

What we can do in this case?

Is there a way that we can modify our existing sales and stock measures not to show values with blank or zero in any view or report.?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.