Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThoVez
Regular Visitor

Visuals won't be showing "Actual Value" even if type=number

Hello everybody, 

For my current project I am fetching my data through an API (I dont know if this could be causing the issue)

I just want to plot a Y value with a name on the X axis.
Even if the Y value is actually number, the plot will only propose sum/average/count etc.

I think I've seen lots of unresolved cases for this problem so I'll try my luck.

Is there something I am missing ? 

ThoVez_0-1666102926669.png

ThoVez_1-1666102982241.png

ThoVez_2-1666103030068.png

Intead of just having the value for each X element...

Thanks a lot, have a good day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ThoVez 

Thanks for your reply.

That is by design, when you have multiple duplicate values on the x-axis, the line chart will aggregate their corresponding values. As a workaround, you can try the solution shared by  Bapaknyaanak2  who have asked the same question.

"

I think i've found how to make Power BI shows the actual value, instead of aggregate in line chart. In my case, it's solved by creating a slicer, and i just need to drag the column that I interested in seeing it as an actual value to it. Then, my line chart will show the actual value.

In @v-haibl-msft's example, he can make it like that because it only has one value and once the X-axis data appear twice in the column (which is my case), then power bi started to show it as aggregate.

link: Solved: How to show value instead of aggregate - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ThoVez
Regular Visitor

If someone can have a look at this issue

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ThoVez 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

What chart are you using? and I'll check it later

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiao,

Basically any bar chart won't be displaying the right values.

Thanks for taking care! 

Hi @ThoVez 

Thanks for your reply.

That is by design, when you have multiple duplicate values on the x-axis, the line chart will aggregate their corresponding values. As a workaround, you can try the solution shared by  Bapaknyaanak2  who have asked the same question.

"

I think i've found how to make Power BI shows the actual value, instead of aggregate in line chart. In my case, it's solved by creating a slicer, and i just need to drag the column that I interested in seeing it as an actual value to it. Then, my line chart will show the actual value.

In @v-haibl-msft's example, he can make it like that because it only has one value and once the X-axis data appear twice in the column (which is my case), then power bi started to show it as aggregate.

link: Solved: How to show value instead of aggregate - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.