cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to show value instead of aggregate

Hello,

I've been searcing how to show value in visualization using line chart, instead of aggregate (sum/count/ average, etc). I've set in data field modelling to "do not summarize" but it changed to "count". Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@v-haibl-msft

@LaurentCouartou

Thanks for replying my post.

I think i've found how to make Power BI shows the actual value, instead of aggregate in line chart. In my case, it's solved by creating a slicer, and i just need to drag the column that I interested in seeing it as an actual value to it. Then, my line chart will show the actual value.

In @v-haibl-msft's example, he can make it like that because it only has one value and once the X-axis data appear twice in the column (which is my case), then power bi started to show it as aggregate.

Thanks for your help guys.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Bapaknyaanak2

What is the type of your column? Please make sure it is numeric but not text. If issue persists, please provide your PBIX file to me if possible.

How to show value instead of aggregate_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Highlighted

Herbert,

How did you do it ? This is exactly i wanted. The type of my column already in number. Btw, how do you change the sales by date in your example ? I only have option changing it to day. How can i send you the file. Below you can see my screenshoot.

Capture.JPG

Highlighted

@v-haibl-msft

Ok, I know how to set to date now, but it seems does still does not show the exact value that i wanted. It's aggreagated. How did you do your example ? Did you change the X or Y settings ?

Highlighted

In the example above, there is only one value for each date.

In this kind of chart, however, only one Y is expected for each X. That is why you can only get aggregated values. It is up to you to decide which aggregation, though.

Are you looking for a scatter plot?

Highlighted

@v-haibl-msft

@LaurentCouartou

Thanks for replying my post.

I think i've found how to make Power BI shows the actual value, instead of aggregate in line chart. In my case, it's solved by creating a slicer, and i just need to drag the column that I interested in seeing it as an actual value to it. Then, my line chart will show the actual value.

In @v-haibl-msft's example, he can make it like that because it only has one value and once the X-axis data appear twice in the column (which is my case), then power bi started to show it as aggregate.

Thanks for your help guys.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you go to the DATA tab and click on the column name of the table and change the data type of that particular column from Text to Whole Number/Decimal Number and to the number of value you want.

Capture 3.JPG

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Binnani.

Highlighted

Creating a Datetable from the Azure Marketplace (Free) (Extended CalendarEnglish) is the best option as so you can work and display dates using that as your axis value and not from your data table.

You can use the FORMAT Dax function to change how the date is displayed, etc so it looks and feels while working and sorting in the appropriate manner.

Highlighted

I still don't get how to solve this question? When I click slicer, my other chart disappears. Any help appreciated 🙂

Highlighted

@Bapaknyaanak2 could you please tell me what you mean by "i just need to drag the column that I interested in seeing it as an actual value to it. Then, my line chart will show the actual value."

which column are you refering to here ? I am also facing an issue where i have to show value without any aggregation...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors