Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tktmastr
Helper I
Helper I

Visualization to show survey ranking results

I'm wondering how to show a visualization for the following data and coming up with nothing useful! 

In a survey, we asked people to rank 6 different things in terms of importance from 1-6. Below is an example; is there a good visualization to show this, or would you reccommend maniupulating the data first in some way. Thanks!

SizesColorsPriceShipping CostShipping SpeedReturn Policy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @tktmastr 

Download example PBIX file with these visuals

What I would do is add an Index column in Power Query just so you can identify each individual respondent's answers, then unpivot the columns containing the responses (scores) to give this (this isn't the entire table)

surveyresp.png

You can then use a radar chart (from Microsoft) Radar Chart (microsoft.com) to plot the average (or max, whatever you are interested in) of these responses for each attribute (Category).  You could even plot the Avg, Max and Min all together.  This plot just shows Avg.

rdrc.png

You could plot the same data using a Clustered Column (see Page2 of my file for this)

ccc2.png

If you want to induce a headache you could add the Respondents to the Legend - you will need sunglasses to look at the default colors.  You could manually change each color so they are easier on the eye but that'll be a lot of work if you have a lot of responses.

ccc.png

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @tktmastr 

Download example PBIX file with these visuals

What I would do is add an Index column in Power Query just so you can identify each individual respondent's answers, then unpivot the columns containing the responses (scores) to give this (this isn't the entire table)

surveyresp.png

You can then use a radar chart (from Microsoft) Radar Chart (microsoft.com) to plot the average (or max, whatever you are interested in) of these responses for each attribute (Category).  You could even plot the Avg, Max and Min all together.  This plot just shows Avg.

rdrc.png

You could plot the same data using a Clustered Column (see Page2 of my file for this)

ccc2.png

If you want to induce a headache you could add the Respondents to the Legend - you will need sunglasses to look at the default colors.  You could manually change each color so they are easier on the eye but that'll be a lot of work if you have a lot of responses.

ccc.png

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

I think the radar chart is very helpful in my case. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.