Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual stopped displaying certain datapoint

Hello, 

Oddly enough my powerbi report's visual stopped displaying a certain datapoint. 

More specifically i'm talking about the first datapoint of this table (datetime = 5:15:01): 

tabel.PNG

I'm using this data in two visuals: 

1) calculates running total 

runningtotal_formula.pngrunningtotal_graph.png

2) calculates amount of records / hour

pph_formula.png

pph_graph.png

As you can see the second visual starts plotting at 5:15:01, however the first one doesn't. 

And I don't see any difference in the way my formula is built / filters that I have applied. 

Also, about a week ago this used to still work (This is the same visual as 1) but pinned to a dahsboard): 

functioneel.PNG

Could this have anything to do with powerbi updates?

And would anyone know any fix for this? 

Thank you. 

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution for this entire problem. Underlyingy, the first record had milliseconds .9762000. Powerbi was unable to use this in it's calculations. After I changed the milliseconds to zero everything behaved normally again. 

Issue solved 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution for this entire problem. Underlyingy, the first record had milliseconds .9762000. Powerbi was unable to use this in it's calculations. After I changed the milliseconds to zero everything behaved normally again. 

Issue solved 

kumar27
Advocate V
Advocate V

That is beacuse of the data and the modeling that has been done , 

The FK of the table ties  up with the PK like a left join resulting in blank  value.

you can get rid of this by removing/ deselecting BLANK from filter pane. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I was able to fix this by adding 0 to every record, seems like first 0 was converted to blank for some reason. 

However I still have one problem. Next to the running total we also want to display a target for every datapoint, which would be 300 records every hour. 

The current data and formula looks like this: 

target.PNG

What I don't understand, and don't want, is that those first two 0 records. 
Does anyone know why this formula doesn't start calculating the target immediately? 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.