Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

katerinabartosh
Regular Visitor

Visual object created according to their sizes

Dear all,

I am preparing report that contains information regarding usage of consumables by warehouse. I ahve a table with bags dimensions and I would like to include some kind of visual objet that would correspond to size of each cosumable so it would be easier to analize the report. Is there any way to make it in Power BI?

katerinabartosh_0-1627628828703.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katerinabartosh ,

According to your description, my suggestion is to try to use the conditional formatting function to set icons according to different conditions for easy viewing.

vhenrykmstf_0-1627977505425.png

related blog link:

Conditional Formatting Using Icons In Power BI - Excelerator BI

Or you can add emoticons by creating columns, refer to the following:

Column = UNICHAR(128512+'Table'[Value])

vhenrykmstf_1-1627977752238.png

related blog link:

How to Add Emojis to a Power BI Report | BI Elite

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,  thanks for the idea, but it doesn´t solve 100% my problem. My idea was to see if is it possible to create icon or visual object according to  the dimensions in the table, for example, for the B-1 S plastic bag to create visual objet with corresponding dimensions: 365/290/1 o just with 2 dimensiones 365/290.

Hi @katerinabartosh ,

I guess such a display meets what you need.

Col_icon = 'Table'[Largo] & "/" & 'Table'[Altura] & "/" & 'Table'[Ancho]

vhenrykmstf_0-1628069883540.png

If you understand the error, I hope you show the screenshot of the result you expect through the drawing board, I will answer for you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry, I guess i have not explained myself correctly, as final result i would like to have visual form with dimensiones from the table, so in this example it would be box with large of 365 mm, widht 290 mm and height 1 mm. But I guess is imposible to represent it like this in visualization, it is better to create these objects outside of Power BI, am i right?

Hi @katerinabartosh ,

Yes, you are right. According to your description, similar operations cannot be implemented in powerbi desktop at present. Try other ways to get it.😊

Best Regards,
Henry

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@katerinabartosh 

If you want to add a new column then create columns as follows: I used Windows + .  in the keyboard to bring up the emojis and select the relevant shape.

New Column = SIWITH ( TABLE[SIZE ] , 350 , "", 500 , "◼" ) 

Fowmy_0-1627633783791.png

You try more emojis from:  https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

many thanks, this could be a part of my solution, but my initial idea was to see if is it possible to create icon or visual object according to  the dimensions in the table, for example, for the B-1 S plastic bag to create visual objet with corresponding dimensions: 365/290/1 o just with 2 dimensiones 365/290.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.