Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elisa_E
Helper I
Helper I

Visual chart to show price range

Hello,

I need to show a chart showing price ranges accross multiple companies. For each company I have a minimum and maximum value to show. I was trying to use the trading chart, but it seems I need a date value for the X-axis instead of company.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Elisa_E,

Current power bi not support to setting start point of chart.
For your requirement, I'd like to suggest to you to take a look at 'gantt' and 'box and wisker chart', they seems suitable for your requirement.

8.PNG9.PNG

In addition, you can also submit this to ideas forum.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elisa_E,

You can try to use clustered column chart to achieve your requirement.

Sample:

Company to axis field, amount columns to value fields with different summary mode.(max and min value)

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. Ideally what I needed was for column to represent the range (like floating columns), with start point at the minimum and end point at the maximum, accross the different companies (like the image below).

Maybe there is an easy way to format this from using a stacked column, but I haven't been able to see it as of yet.

floating column.jpg

Hi @Elisa_E,

Current power bi not support to setting start point of chart.
For your requirement, I'd like to suggest to you to take a look at 'gantt' and 'box and wisker chart', they seems suitable for your requirement.

8.PNG9.PNG

In addition, you can also submit this to ideas forum.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Many thanks for the suggestions. I will give these a try.

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to add a dot or somehow highlight the most recent value in the time series on a box and whisker plot? Instead of the mean dot, could I use the latest value instead? Can I change the definition of the mean possible?

Alternatively, are there other charts which would show a price where I could also highlight the current value?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.