Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kosmik5
Regular Visitor

Visual Missing in Power BI Desktop

Hi,

I have recently started to learn about Power-BI and have installed Power BI Desktop on Windows 7 x64 VMware-machine. I have installed .NET Framework 4.5.2 and IE 9 on the machine

I am able to load data and manipulate the data but the report visualization doesn't work at all. No matter what data I connect to, it just doesn't work I have tried below methods. See below image. None of the charts/maps are working.

1. Reinstall Power BI Desktop
  2. Install newer & latest version of Power-BI
  3. Restart virtual machine

Please advise!!!

3X00Q.png

Thank You

Hari 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ccakjcrx
Resolver I
Resolver I

@kosmik5

Hey!

There are several posts in the PBI community concerning similar issues--most are old. The one that is most concise, and actually speaks to a solution is found in this thread: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ERROR-Can-t-display-the-visual/td-p/9991

Group policies seemed to be causing an issue. If that isn't causing issues on your end, details regarding the error would help people on this board help you out. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ccakjcrx
Resolver I
Resolver I

@kosmik5

Hey!

There are several posts in the PBI community concerning similar issues--most are old. The one that is most concise, and actually speaks to a solution is found in this thread: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ERROR-Can-t-display-the-visual/td-p/9991

Group policies seemed to be causing an issue. If that isn't causing issues on your end, details regarding the error would help people on this board help you out. 

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@kosmik5,

Click the see details on the visual and share the error details.

It would be easier to assist you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.