Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual Level filter on advance card

Hi,

I have a table with two values. One is my measure that is #users registered and the other value is the channel.

I can add a table and show the percentage of users sliced by the channel. My requeriment is to create three advance cards showing the percentage of users who registered by channel:

dax: R_Users = distinctcount([IdUser])

usersbychannel.png

In my table I'm using a measure that is an absolute numbers but showing as % of grand total:pct.png

Now. I am trying to represent the information based on my table, but with cards, so I need to use three cards to show those %s. I'm doing this with visual level filters but is not working, it always shows 100%.

On visual level filters of each card, I'm usign the value of each channel and as I said, it is not working:

filter.png

Is it possible to use visual level filters with advance cards? Or do I need to create a dax formula with the % of each channel?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You should be able to do it with a singe measure.

Pct of All Users =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( ChannelID ) 
    ) 
)

Then you put that in a card and set the channel as a visual level filter.  That will control the chanel that feeds the numerator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You should be able to do it with a singe measure.

Pct of All Users =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( ChannelID ) 
    ) 
)

Then you put that in a card and set the channel as a visual level filter.  That will control the chanel that feeds the numerator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jdbuchanan71  it worked perfect. As I am new to DAX, should I do this for all dimensions? Let's say I want to do this again, but for region. Should it look like this?:

Pct of All Users Region =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( Region ) 
    ) 
)

You would, yes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.