Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bricorb
Regular Visitor

Vertical Text for Matrix Headers

I am using a Matrix visual to create a RACI PowerBI Report.  The title of some of the roles are quite long and therefore create a very wide and non-uniform RACI Matrix.  The headers of the report are dynamic (slicer for the categories and roles) so creating an image that aligns with the matrix will not work.

Ideally I would like to make the text for each of the role vertical so that all the columns can be the same width.  I am flabergasted as to why this is not a native visualization feature in MS PowerBi Desktop, but whatever.  I think that might be able to be done via SVG, but I am complete clueless on how to attempt that.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how I might be able to align the text vertically in a PowerBi Matrix?

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bricorb ,

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to dynamically filter vertical headings. 

You can post your idea to Ideas . https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Here are some alternatives for your reference:

You can use a text box as a title as well and rotate the text veritically.

Please refer: How to Add a Vertical Text Box in Power BI - BI Elite

You can still use the matrix visual. Put both columns in Values box. Then in Format pane, search for Switch values to rows option under Values and switch on it. 

vtangjiemsft_1-1711092356087.png

vtangjiemsft_0-1711092343549.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.