Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Stharwani
Advocate I
Advocate I

Values from measures not available in Excel

HI team,

I am connecting to Power BI dataset from Excel using the Excel Publisher.

I am not not able to see values for some measures in the Pivot table in Excel, while those measures work absolutely fine in Power BI.

Anyone else faicng the same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
PhuTriNguyen

This is a big problem in Excel when connecting to SSAS Tab model that measures are not available in Excel.  The workaround is to create calcuated measures then they are available in Power BI and Excel.  However, the aggregation is fixed when you create the measure (like SUM, AVG) and you cannot change it in Excel or Power BI.  It seems like there is no update from MS on this issue.

eborella
Regular Visitor

Hi

It seems there was no followup on this topic but I ran onto the exact same issue.

I'd like to display in an Excel pivot table those 2 measures values coming from the connected Power BI dataset:

1- SUM([timeoriginalestimate])/3600

2- CALCULATE(sum('jira_tempo_Worklog'[hours]),(1.0*(today()-'jira_tempo_Worklog'[workdate])<8),jira_tempo_Worklog[username] <> "admin")

Measure #1 does display values, but measure #2 does not.

Any ideay why?

Thanks

That could possibly be the issue with measure. Try breaking the measure down by individual Filter and see if that works. 

My issue was different, the Excel connector wasnt stable, so I re-installed and older version and it worked. 

Indeed, the issue was in the measure itself. The data model was imported from Power Pivot and all the measures are working fine, but by looking into it I realised this calculate measure with multiple filters doesn't work. So the issue is not related the Excel connexion.

Thanks

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Stharwani,

Were you unable to see all measures in Pivot table or just some specific measures? If just for some one, what are those measures look like?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.