Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpc_development
Helper III
Helper III

Using parameters to allow user to set timezone

I am creating a report template, where I'd like to allow the user to enter their timezone using parameters, so I can use it to do some timezone conversions in the report.

I see there is a DateTimeZone parameter data type, but I just can't figure out what to type in there. I tried typing UTC, GMT, UTC-0, etc. and some other values I copy-pasted from wiki for a list of timezones.

Basically, I have a single table in my data model, but the date column is recorded at a different timezone for each organisation, and I'd like to create a calculated column later that uses the data's timezone value to convert to a common timezone.

2 REPLIES 2
dpc_development
Helper III
Helper III

@amitchandakI had already seen that article earlier. I need what the person in the first comment is asking - named timezone. Also I need to be able to switch to different timezones, as an analyst in country needs to be able to analyse the data as if they were in a different country. Hence, I thought allowing them to choose from a list of timezones would be very efficient.

I can't used fixed numbers as that'd ignore DST. If I can figure out how to enter a list of datetimezone values in the parameter as a list, I should be able to figure out the rest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.