Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Morcreative
Frequent Visitor

Using legacy dataflows I can see data in the dataflow but not in desktop.

I have created several dataflows (legacy) in Service with SQL queries as the source and refreshed them . I can see data there, but not in desktop. I have tried refreshing both consectutively. I even reduced one dataflow to a single field as a test and still the desktop table is empty.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morcreative 

1.Please check that if it has the date column in your flow, if it exists, change the type to date/time, then when load to Power BI desktop, then change its type to date, and you can refer to the following thread.

Dataflows - No entity after refresh - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

2.Check if the certification is right,  try to clear the permission at Data source settings(File->Options and settings->Data source settings), then connect the dataflow again in Power BI Desktop.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1707978555381.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have created a test dataflow with only one text column. It also shows the table is empty after refreshing the dataflow in service and then refreshing the dataflow in desktop. I have have also tried clearing permissions to no avail. The interesting thing is, if I publish my sematic model back out to service, the data is there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.