Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Morcreative
Frequent Visitor

Using legacy dataflows I can see data in the dataflow but not in desktop.

I have created several dataflows (legacy) in Service with SQL queries as the source and refreshed them . I can see data there, but not in desktop. I have tried refreshing both consectutively. I even reduced one dataflow to a single field as a test and still the desktop table is empty.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morcreative 

1.Please check that if it has the date column in your flow, if it exists, change the type to date/time, then when load to Power BI desktop, then change its type to date, and you can refer to the following thread.

Dataflows - No entity after refresh - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

2.Check if the certification is right,  try to clear the permission at Data source settings(File->Options and settings->Data source settings), then connect the dataflow again in Power BI Desktop.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1707978555381.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have created a test dataflow with only one text column. It also shows the table is empty after refreshing the dataflow in service and then refreshing the dataflow in desktop. I have have also tried clearing permissions to no avail. The interesting thing is, if I publish my sematic model back out to service, the data is there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.