Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amdg_utmost
Frequent Visitor

Using date slicer, show historical cumulative data up to date slicer.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to display all cumulative data, starting from beginning of the project to month period specified in a date slicer. Below is illustrates what I am after:

1) Table on the right is contains all data. Slicer on the left specifies the date up to which data is to be included.

amdg_utmost_0-1697802113876.png

2) Currently if I select Mar 2023 in the date slicer, only Mar 2023 entry is shown in the table. This is NOT what I need.

amdg_utmost_1-1697802229206.png

3) If I select Jan, Feb, and Mar 2023 in the date slicer, I get those dates in the table. This makes sense, but this is NOT what I need.

amdg_utmost_2-1697802310102.png

4) The figure below is what I need: to be able to specify a month (Mar 2023), and the table will show all data from beginning of project, up to the period specified in the slicer (SomeTable[Month]).

amdg_utmost_4-1697802708748.png

How is this best solved?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers and God bless!

amdg_utmost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @amdg_utmost 

If I understood you correctly please refer to the linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Cumulative-total-until-the-selected-month/m-p/8842...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amdg_utmost
Frequent Visitor

This solution works. Thanks!

Glad to help 😊

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @amdg_utmost 

If I understood you correctly please refer to the linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Cumulative-total-until-the-selected-month/m-p/8842...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.