Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using an If statement to check 2 columns in two tables are equal

I'm making a calculated column to check if to columns in different tables are equal.  This is the statement I have made but the second table is grayed out. 

Location PK = IF(LEFT(Table1[whe],2) = "PK" & Table2[whe] = "PK", "Y","N")

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to compare two columns, maybe you could try to use the RELATED function. If you want to compare the specific values in the two columns, you could use the LOOKUPVALUE function.

I made two formulas that you can reference.

Note: We need to create a relationship between the tables.

5.PNG

RELATED = IF(RELATED('Table 1'[Name]) = 'Table'[Item],"Yes","No")
LOOKUPVALUE = IF(ISBLANK(LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Item],'Table 1'[Name],"A")), "No", "Yes")

6.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to compare two columns, maybe you could try to use the RELATED function. If you want to compare the specific values in the two columns, you could use the LOOKUPVALUE function.

I made two formulas that you can reference.

Note: We need to create a relationship between the tables.

5.PNG

RELATED = IF(RELATED('Table 1'[Name]) = 'Table'[Item],"Yes","No")
LOOKUPVALUE = IF(ISBLANK(LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Item],'Table 1'[Name],"A")), "No", "Yes")

6.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
YJ
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi,

what are you looking for? 

which row context are you comparing to which row?

prehaps you can attached an example

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.