Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

user900
Helper II
Helper II

Using Average

I have two data sources. One includes Incident detail, the other system detail. I created a relationship between them as both have  system name and code identifiers. I have the following measures:

# of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA = 

CALCULATE(COUNT('Mo_Inc'[sys code]),'Mo_Inc'[sys code]="Yes",'Mo_Inc'[RTO Met?]="False")

# of systems = CALCULATE(COUNT('Systems'[sys code]),'Systems'[sys code]="Yes")

% of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA = 'Mo_Inc'[# of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA]/Systems[# of systems]

Monthly results using my measure are:

Date# of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA# of systems% of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA
Jan01170.00%
Feb11170.85%
Mar31171.71%

1) I need to create a visual to show the % of systems with incidents that do not meet the SLA compared to total systems. I have monthly data but my visual will show quaterly data points. 

In the sample data, the 3 month period of Jan, Feb, Mar, there is a total of 4 systems w incidents over SLA, but only 117 systems.  117 is the average number of systems in the 3 months of the quarter. My data point needs to be 2.56%.

• Do I need to change my measure to use an average of the # of systems for each of the quarters or something else? The # of systems does change periodically? If I change the # of systems measure, what would it look like?

2) The visual needs to drill down to show the system where the incident occurred (assuming I can add the field to the axis)

3) then the visual needs to drill down one more level to show the incident(s) for each system (again - assuming I can add the field to the axis)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @user900 

I don't fully understand your question, how do you get 2.56% (4/117=3.4%?).

not sure about your actual model and data, if you show it by quarter should the measure be something like below?

# of systems =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Systems'[sys code] ),
    FILTER ( ALLEXCEPT ( 'table', [quater] ), 'Systems'[sys code] = "Yes" )
)

And in measure # of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA, Are both filter conditions met at the same time like below?:

# of systems w. Incidents not meeting SLA =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Mo_Inc'[sys code] ),
    'Mo_Inc'[sys code] = "Yes"
        && 'Mo_Inc'[RTO Met?] = "False"
)

If the sample data and desired output are available here, then it's clear what should be implemented.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2.56% is the sum of monthly results (0% + 0.85% + 1.71%) because I've been asked to calculate the results monthly, but to create thresholds quarterly using the sum. I'm not sure I agree with this approach vs your suggestion of 4/117 = 3.41% but I'm losing my argument unless I have more rationale behind my reasoning of that's how it should be done.

Hi, @user900 

Could you share some example data and draw a simple picture to show your expected visual so that i may work out with a workaround?😀

Best Regards,

Here is a sample of data. It shows the monthly results and the quarterly results. The quarterly results are the data points on my visual. I need the monthly to create tolerance limits which are based on historical data.

Date# of sys w. Inc not meeting SLA# of systemsmonthly % of systems w. Inc not meeting SLAquarterly
19-Apr1118  0.0085 
19-May1117  0.0085 
19-Jun4117  0.0342  0.0512
19-Jul4117  0.0342 
19-Aug6117  0.0513 
19-Sep1117  0.0085  0.0940
19-Oct1116  0.0086 
19-Nov2116  0.0172 
19-Dec2116  0.0172  0.0430
20-Jan3116  0.0259 
20-Feb0116  0.0000   
20-Mar1116  0.0086  0.0345
20-Apr0117  0.0000   
20-May1117  0.0085 
21-Jun2117  0.0171  0.0256

Hi, @user900 

I have no relevant experience with this user case and am not sure I understand your needs, do you need to create a quarterly percentage accumulation, if so then try to create the following measure

_quarterly = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[monthly % of systems w. Inc not meeting SLA]),DATESQTD('Table'[Date]))

.Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1626849012404.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.