Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User Input and Disagg Through Hierarchy

Hi,

Just a foreword: Not looking for anyone to do my work for me; but just letting me know if below is possible or not and pointing me in the direction I can go research would be very helpful!

I am working on a dashboard where users can explore their market data in a hierarchy via drill-down. I have all the data integration completed and visuals crafted. The one thing my dashboard lacks, and subsequently forces use of separate documents/tools to notate in, is the ability for the user to hit a button, or some other function, that allows them to interact with the dashboards backend data. There is a column, column DECISION, that starts out with all records having value 0. I would like the button to do below:

1. Identifies the current level of the hierarchy in drill-down, say level MARKET, the selected items at said level, individual markets in a bar chart (MARKETS), as well as the most granular level of the hierarchy, say level CUSTOMERS

2. For all CUSTOMER records, residing under hierarchy level MARKET and for the selected MARKETS, set all values in DECISION to one number, 1-10, that the user can pick from. It should ignore modifying any column DECISION values that are not the starting value zero (basically don't overwrite any decisions already made).

I would like for my users to use this dashboard to make decisions on their customer markets and other things. The visual dashboard itself is complete; however right now it is merely a visual analysis in a broader process users follow; but I would like to make my tool the one-stop shop. Is this even possible? 

Thanks,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.