Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tristan_C
Frequent Visitor

User Defined Parameters for BQ SQL

Hi,

I would like my users to define 2 key parameters and run Big Query SQL code, they need to supply a code and a start date. The SQL adds 30 days to the start date and uses the code the filter down the data.

So in effect the user would enter 2 reauired values in the report and the refresh the report. I think I can user Power Automate to refresh the report but how do I get these 2 paramters in to the query itself.

Creating a table of all codes is not possible, there are so many I dont even have a list of them.

Ideally it is just 2 text boxes the user completes and query can use these.

Thanks!

Tristan

2 REPLIES 2
Tristan_C
Frequent Visitor

Hi @amitchandak  - thanks for your reply and referring link.

While in the scenario above the dynamic range can be applied it seems to need a lookup table to be created in order for a user to refer to this. While creating a lookup table might be possible for dates it might be a little harder for the second part which is the code required. It had been my hope that a user could just input this and it be injected in to the query but I dont think this is possible. I will explore options around creating a lookup table in any case as it might be my only option. Thanks! Tristan

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.