Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michael_knight
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Use USERELATIONSHIP more than twice in a single measure

Hi,

I'm trying to create a measure that will use the slicers that I have. The three slicers are Date, Company and Owner

I am able to use the USERELATIONSHIP function twice and it works fine with the slicers etc but I have problems when I try to add the third

This is what I get when I add the third USERELATIONSHIP 

Frown.PNG

This is what the relationships looks like

Relationship.PNG

Here's the PBIX file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftn5q3g388azvn5/Completions%20-%20Copy.pbix?dl=0

Cheers,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@michael_knight your model design is poor, you should create seperate table for owner and company and create relationship of these new tables with forecast and comp, and make all relationship active

don't have relationship between comp and forecasr tables, 

when above all done, use column from respective dimension table and measure from forecast and comp table and everything will work as expected.

@Anonymous check if this sensitivity labels get what you are looking for, I cannot think of anything else.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michael_knight
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Cheers guys @amitchandak  @parry2k 

I created another table with the Company name in and stuck with the orginal Owner relationships. The reason being is that we use live data and the owners change quite frequently, and the USERELATIONSHIP function works with twices so I'm happy with that

I am still learning about Power BI and I think relationships is somewhere I can improve. I've heard a lot about Star Schemas so maybe I need to learn how to do that 

Cheers,

Mike

@michael_knight , Thanks for sharing how exactly it worked for you. All of us are learning. Power BI is an Ocean. 😀

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Reposting - last one did not get saved

@michael_knight , YOu nee check why you have many to many between forecast and comp. Can this be made 1-M. Need of composite key?

Try to have a bridge table

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/join-many-many-power-bi/

But you need to avoid the loops in join

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@michael_knight your model design is poor, you should create seperate table for owner and company and create relationship of these new tables with forecast and comp, and make all relationship active

don't have relationship between comp and forecasr tables, 

when above all done, use column from respective dimension table and measure from forecast and comp table and everything will work as expected.

@Anonymous check if this sensitivity labels get what you are looking for, I cannot think of anything else.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.