Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ax80

Understand columns with minimum value

Hi all

in my main page I show the minimum value of a measure (i.e. cost).

How can I understand and display (maybe with a tooltip) what are the columns that have such minimum value? So in my case what is the product that have the lowest cost? 

If I add the tooltip the system don't do any filter as the value show in main page is almost unfiltered (it's just the minimum value of a list of values).

Thanks

Alberto

2 REPLIES 2
Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

One way to achieve this would be to create a separate measure that returns the name of the product with the minimum cost. You can use the MINX function to find the minimum cost and then use RELATED to return the corresponding product name. Here's an example formula: Product with Min Cost = VAR MinCost = MINX(ALLSELECTED(Table1), [Cost]) RETURN IF([Cost] = MinCost, RELATED(Table1[Product]), BLANK()) Once you have this measure, you can add it to the tooltip of the main page measure. The tooltip will then display the name of the product with the minimum cost whenever the user hovers over the minimum value. Note that this approach assumes that the product names are unique. If there are multiple products with the same minimum cost, this measure will only return the first one it encounters.
Uspace87
Resolver III
Resolver III

@ax80 

Please find below how to create a tooltip page:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop

you just have to create a tooltip tab and format the canvas as tooltip. then Create a table visualization to display the cost by product.

Then in your main page where you show the minimum value just activate the tooltip selecting the page you have just created.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.