Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to select specific date on date slider

I am unable to select a specific date on the a date filter using "between" despite being able to adjust the slider to that date.

There is a page filter on a column on the same table as our date column that behaves as the following:

• On or before 22-Feb-2022 = "Filled COB"
  • 23-Feb-2022 = "Current COB"
  • After 23-Feb-2022 = "Future"

The page filter is set to only allow Filled COB and Current COB values. See below for the table vis that shows the values for each date.

Eg. below is the date slider and a table of dates as base case.

jhorbino_2-1645667852643.png

Now I select 22-Feb-2022 on the max setting. Notice now that 23-Feb-2022 is completely greyed out:

jhorbino_1-1645667578707.png

I can't select 23-Feb again but I can move the slider to 23-Feb to select it.

We just noticed this problem today, across two separate reports pointing to separate datasets. No other page filters are involved. Is this a recent bug or are we missing something painfully obvious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to close this issue out as we are no longer seeing the problem.

With that being siad I don't actually know what changed in our operating environment to fix the issue. Multiple users were seeing the problem and it seems like others on the forums were as well. At least for my co-workers and I, we were all on the Feb 2022 version of PBI.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which table are the date field on the slicer from? Is it from a separate date dimension table or is it from the same fact table as the aux_context1 field? What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? My Power BI Desktop version is 2.102.683.0 64-bit (February 2022) and I'm having the same problem as you. Only when I switch the date page forward or backward and go back to February I can select 23-Feb...

My Power BI Desktop versionMy Power BI Desktop version

Can't select Feb-23Can't select Feb-23

Move forward or back and can selectMove forward or back and can select

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my example, the slicer data comes from the same date field as the table which contains [aux_context1].

My power bi desktop is feb-2022 as well. 

Agreed with your comment about sliding the forward/backward. My co worker was also able to add a time component of +1h via TIME(1,0,0) to the dates as another calculated column which seems to work in letting the user select 23-Feb. This seems to suggest that there is a bug surrounding date filter when using "Between" functionality.

Hi @debwilk ,

Today I download the latest version of Power BI Desktop, it published on Feb 25, 2022. The date slicer using "Between" functionality can work well. You can also try to download the latest version and check whether the problem still persist. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

yingyinr_2-1646103166798.png

yingyinr_0-1646102958577.png

yingyinr_1-1646102992685.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to close this issue out as we are no longer seeing the problem.

With that being siad I don't actually know what changed in our operating environment to fix the issue. Multiple users were seeing the problem and it seems like others on the forums were as well. At least for my co-workers and I, we were all on the Feb 2022 version of PBI.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , do you have the dates in your calendar after today ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , yes our dates table go well beyond into the future.

Unless you mean the calendar selection when selecting the max date - in which case all future dates are also unselectable.

@Anonymous , I check out on My file. If I do not have dates in the calendar or when I have some visual level filter, it is disabling the dates that are not applicable in the calendar.

Check for any visual level filter too .

If this does not help
Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No visual filters are there. I have a file ready to share but how do I do that on the forum?

@Anonymous , upload it on onedrive or dropbox and share a link , mark me @ in reply so I get message

Did anyone find a solution for this? I have the exact same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.