Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jaineshpoojara
Frequent Visitor

Unable to read data from the transport connection error

Greetings Power BI Community,

I'm encountering a perplexing issue while loading web services from Business Central into Power BI. Specifically, when attempting to merge two web services and expand them within the same table, I'm consistently met with the following error:

"Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Note: - "I have checked the Data types as well but that is not an issue"

Has anyone else encountered a similar roadblock when working with web services in Power BI? If so, I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you've uncovered. Your assistance would be invaluable in overcoming this obstacle. I am attaching an image, hope that helps you understand the scenario better!!

Thank you sincerely for your time and consideration.

I've merged Invoice Line table into Invoice Header and while expanding it takes around 5-10 minutes time to load and then returns an error.I've merged Invoice Line table into Invoice Header and while expanding it takes around 5-10 minutes time to load and then returns an error.

4 REPLIES 4
jaineshpoojara
Frequent Visitor

@v-zhouwen-msft@lbendlin @Ashish_Mathur @amitchandak @Greg_Deckler  Thank you for the consideration!!

Can you please let me know the cause of this issue?
Is it a time out error that is caused due to large volume of data or something else?

Hi @jaineshpoojara ,

Some of these users seem to have solved the problem after deleting some tables to reduce calls to Business Central. You can try .

@v-zhouwen-msft I have tried the same!!

I have opened a new Power BI file and only transfromed 2 tables and when I tried merging it, the operation was successful.
But when I tried to apply the changes to move that one table into Power BI desktop, it showed me the same error.

jaineshpoojara_0-1715591281200.png

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaineshpoojara ,

Regarding your question, after doing some searching on my part, this seems to be a problem that has been going on for several years. I can't seem to find a solution.

PowerBI Service error: OData: Unable to read data ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.