Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nareshupadhyay
Frequent Visitor

Unable to add Power Automate refresh button

Hi team

Need your help. I deploved a report in Power BI and trying to refresh the report using Power Automate.

I have added Power Automate for Power BI Visual but it is unable to load Power Automate after click on Edit. I am getting blank screen only as inserted. Could you please help me to resolve the issue?

nareshupadhyay_0-1635184102858.png

Thanks

Naresh

8 REPLIES 8
DJMoe-BA

Hello

i am having the same issue. Did you find a resolution?  When in desktop and clicking edit on power automate it loads to a blank page as in your screen shot although the flow I created works and is visible in service.  Pro user account.  Same issue if select a new flow and occurs in all reports and flows in desktop I have created.  Any help would be great.  

Same here. A colleague of mine same tenant same license has no problem with it.

Do i have to allow PowerAutomate to PowerBI first?

In the sign on logs everything looks ok.

He had an older version. With the newest version (PowerBI from Microsoft Store) he has the same problem.

StephanG_0-1637838390765.png

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nareshupadhyay ,

Please follow this tutorial and try again?

Trigger flows from Power BI reports | Power Automate Blog

These are some known limitations, in the official documentation:

• The user running the flow within the Power BI report needs to have permissions to run the flow. Grant these permissions through direct sharing by the user or by sharing to an Azure Active Directory group.
  • The Power BI visual only functions with flows in a tenant's default environment. Any flow created with the visual is created in the users default environment.
  • Additional manual inputs to the button are not supported at this time.
  • Create flows that you will use with the Power BI button trigger directly within the Power BI report. Do not go directly to Power Automate to create these flows as the trigger will not have access to the data fields necessary for creating the flow.
  • Power BI data is sent to, and processed in, a geography where the flow is deployed.
  • The Power Automate visual isn't supported for PaaS-embedded scenarios, nor in sovereign cloud scenarios.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Stephen for sharing the artical!! 

Is there any possibility if I can export the in CSV format?

ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@nareshupadhyay did you publish to a workspace you have access to at app.powerbi.com? You need Power BI Pro license or greater for this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Chris

I have publish it at app.powerbi.com and it is working over there.

Thanks

Naresh

I have a similar problem, yesterday it worked fine for me, but today I'm going to add a Power Automate button and it won't let me edit its properties, name or color and it runs nothing for me

Has anyone solved it yet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.