Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nveliss
Employee
Employee

Two different values for a filter in a chart

Hello,

I am trying to create a clustered column chart with two different values for the same filter.

I have two columns in my data. One is called Hours (where I have numerical values of hours) and the other column is called IsFlagged (where I have either Yes or No).

What I would like to do is to create two columns in my chart. One column with the sum of hours where Flag=YES and next to it a sum of total hours. If I add a slicer or a filter (on visual level) for the IsFlagged, it will filter everything.

Is the only way to do this by creating a new measure or column in my table? No link to any cube or live data.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi  @nveliss 

To my knowledge, create a new measure is the only way to do this, you could use ALL Function to get it.

https://radacad.com/now-you-see-me-use-cases-of-all-dax-function-in-power-bi

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nveliss , not very clear.

You can removefilter or all on Flag

calculate([measure],removefilters(Table[flag])

calculate([measure],filter(all(Table),Table[flag]="Y")

Thanks @amitchandak ,

this is what I eventually did. I created a Measure calculate(sum(Table[Hours],Table[flag]="Y") but was wondering whether there was a simpler way to do it through the visual/filter section by drag-dropping the field in the filter section. Hope it is more clear now...

Thanks again!

hi  @nveliss 

To my knowledge, create a new measure is the only way to do this, you could use ALL Function to get it.

https://radacad.com/now-you-see-me-use-cases-of-all-dax-function-in-power-bi

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@nveliss , I think I am still not on the same page. But have tried dragging the column having yes, no value to the legend ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.