cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Trying to control the increment values on a Clustered Bar Chart

I have two bar charts (below) that are showing the same information, but just by different categories (one is by

Manufacture Part, and the other is by Customer).

As you can see, the values are very similar.

My Question:    Is there a way to have the Customer bar chart show the same X axis increments as the Mfg Part increment?

Why is one broken down by 1,000, while the other goes from 0 to 5,000?

Ideally, I'd like both charts to show the X axis as this:    0   1,000   2,000   3,000   4,000   5,000

cluster bar chart.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Re: Trying to control the increment values on a Clustered Bar Chart

I think I just figured this out.  It has to do with the SIZE of the visual.  When I make the Customer visual longer,

it adds in the extra increments (see below).  Vice versa with the Mfg Part, it removes increments.

And it doesn't matter that the size (h x w) of the visuals are exactly the same.  It is governed by the size of the Y axis labels.

Because the Customer Name labels are longer and take up more room, that leaves less room for the bars.

charts.JPG

Thanks for your help. 

Rose

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try manually assigning both charts the same Start / End X-Axis values.

See below where the top charts are 'auto'/'auto', and in the 2nd set of charts i've manually set both charts to 6500 'End'.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Unfortunately, that didn't do anything.  I tried setting both to end at 6,000, but the middle increments did not change.

Man Sad

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Can you either post your PBIX File, or provide us sample / mock data so we can duplicate your visuals how you built them?  FOrrest

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I think I just figured this out.  It has to do with the SIZE of the visual.  When I make the Customer visual longer,

it adds in the extra increments (see below).  Vice versa with the Mfg Part, it removes increments.

And it doesn't matter that the size (h x w) of the visuals are exactly the same.  It is governed by the size of the Y axis labels.

Because the Customer Name labels are longer and take up more room, that leaves less room for the bars.

charts.JPG

Thanks for your help. 

Rose

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors