Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Try to add {"AMOUNT", Int64.Type} after CSV add new field = AMOUNT

Hi All

My sales order table only have 4 field :-

Paulyeo11_0-1604120741037.png

Below is my PBI file :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0lp1yawkenp73c/M%20CODE%20LOAD%20CSV%20FILE%20V003.pbix?dl=0

My CSV file :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgchgyvgajji617/SI_PM.csv?dl=0

Due to user have new requirement , need to add filed name = AMOUNT

Paulyeo11_1-1604120816108.png

i Try to add , {"AMOUNT", Int64.Type} to below script at last 3 row  , But it cannot work , it cannot detect Amount field :-

let
Source = Folder.Files("C:\Users\pauly\OneDrive - ISDN Holdings Limited\PBI FOLDER\SALES ORDER"),
#"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File", each #"Transform File"([Content])),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name", "Transform File"}),
#"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File"))),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name", type text}, {"CUST_ID", type text}, {"COMPANY", type text}, {"inv", Int64.Type}, {"date", type date}, {"AMOUNT", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Paulyeo11 

That {"AMOUNT", Int64.Type} only changes the type of an existing column. So you need to load that column earlier. Is the column available in the data source that you are importing from (like it is in the CSV file you uploaded)? Then you just have to refresh and probably modify some steps in the query to take that new column into consideration. Since it is a relatively simple query, it is probably best to rebuild the steps, starting from where you load the data file

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Paulyeo11 

That {"AMOUNT", Int64.Type} only changes the type of an existing column. So you need to load that column earlier. Is the column available in the data source that you are importing from (like it is in the CSV file you uploaded)? Then you just have to refresh and probably modify some steps in the query to take that new column into consideration. Since it is a relatively simple query, it is probably best to rebuild the steps, starting from where you load the data file

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi sir

Thank you for your sharing.

Actually that is sample file , my actual file is having many field , i am concerning that if in future i don't know how to add new field by M code , then it will be very trouble some to reload from zero.

Paul

@Paulyeo11 

You can add a column easily by using a custom column. For a more accurate answer I need more information. Where is the data for the column that you want to add?

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

Paulyeo11_0-1604150151355.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.