Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anoomohan
Helper I
Helper I

Transform data not enabled

Hello everyone,

Transform data is not enabled in my powerbi desktop - while I have proper acess to the dataset and I imported the pbix file from Power Bi service

Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @anoomohan 

This is normal. Your data model comes from the PowerBI Service. You are using a live connection method for the dataset. So the ‘Transform Data’ option is greyed out.

11.png

As a workaround, you can enable the option 'Directquery for PBI datasets and AS' and restart PowerBI Desktop.

1.png

When you revisit the PBI dataset, this Transform Data’ option will be available.

5.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @anoomohan ,

Can you share some screenshots on this please?

Are you using a live connection or DirectQuery method for the dataset?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

I imported pbix file from powerbi dataset

Hi, @anoomohan 

This is normal. Your data model comes from the PowerBI Service. You are using a live connection method for the dataset. So the ‘Transform Data’ option is greyed out.

11.png

As a workaround, you can enable the option 'Directquery for PBI datasets and AS' and restart PowerBI Desktop.

1.png

When you revisit the PBI dataset, this Transform Data’ option will be available.

5.png

Best Regards,

Has this solution worked for anyone? The 'Transform data' is still greyed out for me. 

Hi there,

Trish53_0-1695738456127.png

Even if I enabled the option "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services", the option "transform data" is still greyed out for me as shown.

Help please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Buttom appeared, but when I click does not bring me any tables to Edity

Hello,

I have the same issue, you are able to resolve this problem?

I am trying to import an excel file. I tried the Options-> Preview Features ->DirectQuery for PBI datasheets and AS.

YanTseng_0-1670093364617.png

The Load and Transform data still grayed out. 

Same here. I haven't found a solution yet for this one.

Thank you - yes that works! 

If I transform the data model with direct query now, will it affect the data for other users in power bi service?

sorry if it's a very basic question, I am yet to take a course for the desktop, but need some help to get few reports urgently before I take the course

Hi, @anoomohan 

No,you are just send queries via PowerBI Desktop to get the data so it does not involve any data changes to the underlying data source. It will not affect the data for other users in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

PBI transform data.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.