Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dove32

Top N + Others - Based on Count of Rows

Hi,

I am looking to get a "Top 5 + Others" Pie Charge for a simple set of data we have but i am struggling (new to BI). 

I can do the Top 5 very easily with the filtering option so that no problem but I want it to have the top 5 but also have the others listed too.

I have seen loads of guides on how to do this with Sales revenue but i am not interested in sales values for this, just how many times the same value comes up in the column itself. 

We have a column called "OrderGroupRef" which has a simple number from 1 - 47 and there is another table linking those numbers to what they actually mean in words rather than numbers.

We have loads of rows for "Jobs" that come into a system that gets a "OrderGroupRef" assigned.

Dove32_0-1675090169177.png

Linked table for OrderRef Column:

Dove32_1-1675090202414.png

So we simply want to count all the rows and then have top 5 of which appears more than the other. We have then slicers that allows us to select the customer so we would want this to be able to select a slicer to adjust the data.

I have made some dummy content files if its easier to see what i am trying to explain above.

https://we.tl/t-B1Ij3Dmce4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.