Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

djansson
Regular Visitor

Top N Filter gives more than N despite no ties

I am trying to show the Top 3 courses by F% in my report, but it keeps giving me far more than the top 3 even though there are no (relevant) ties for the information. Here's what I'm seeing:

djansson_0-1648838058761.png

For the record, no matter what I put for N, it always shows me more results than I'm asking for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djansson
Regular Visitor

Thanks for responding.

I think I figured it out on my own. It looks like one of the calculated columns used in [F%] was using BLANK if there was no data, which was screwing up the % calculations and was probably therefore screwing up how PBI calculates Top N. I simply added "+ 0" to the calculated column so that it returns 0 instead of blank, and it looks like that fixed it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
djansson
Regular Visitor

Thanks for responding.

I think I figured it out on my own. It looks like one of the calculated columns used in [F%] was using BLANK if there was no data, which was screwing up the % calculations and was probably therefore screwing up how PBI calculates Top N. I simply added "+ 0" to the calculated column so that it returns 0 instead of blank, and it looks like that fixed it.

Hi @djansson 

If it is solved, please mark this post as solved

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djansson ,

I could not reproduce your question, could you please share your sample data or PBIX file?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.