Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

aashritsingh
Helper I
Helper I

Tooltip with Matrix

Hi,

We are using a matrix for visualization as follows:

aashritsingh_0-1715285912160.png

Columns 1 , 2 , 3 are using values from metrics and they are being displayed as shown above.

However, i am trying to use tooltips to display the numbers as whole when I hover over a value.

For example, Col 1 X Metric 1=> 70.3 million, If i hover over this value, I want it to be shown as 70,300,000.

Please advice how to customize this tooltip for all the values in the matrix.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@aashritsingh unfortunatelly, this is the only way to show tooltip with matrix visual.
You can "play" with visual on tooltip, instead of matrix it can be card, you can also add text field (like measure name).
To make it most similiar to regular tooltip, your tooltip should be around 200px width and 100px height, you can add background color to be the same as on regular (default) tooltip, and make font white.

However, it can't be completely same as regular tooltip as it is borders and no transparency.

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@aashritsingh  to show tooltip for matrix visual i suggest this:
1) create new page, mark it as tooltip page, copy original matrix visuals to this new page and remove everything from rows and columns, just keep measure
2) go to formatting of this new matrix visual > specific column > display units > set "None"
3) go back to default page > select default matrix visual > go to formatting > general > tooltips = enable > page = new tooltip created page

Now when you hover over value on default matrix which is showing aggregated value, it will show tooltip without aggregation.
You can additionally "play" with matrix on tooltip page to remove blue borders etc, but that is the functionallity.

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

Hi @nandic 

Do you have any updates for the issue above?

Thanks,

Aashrit

Hello, thanks for the help. It seems to work, but when I hover over in the default page, it shows the whole matrix and not just the value that I want to see as whole. Is there any other way I can achieve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.