Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Today my LYTD expression not working after i change the master calendar date range

Hi All

When i set my master calendar :-
Date = CALENDAR(Date(2000,01,01),date(2020,12,31))

Below expression work fine :-
Sales LYTD =
var _max = date(year(today())-1,month(today()),day(today()))
return
TOTALYTD(('SALES'[SALES_]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,year),'Date'[Date]<=_max)

I add sales target amount for 2021. So i need to adjust the 
Date = CALENDAR(Date(2000,01,01),date(2022,12,31))

Below expression not work  :-
Sales LYTD =
return

Can some one share with me how to make the above expression work again ?

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shex 

I already solve the issue. the master calendar end year 2020 , should not be make any changes. it was due to i need to set 2021 sales target amount , and instead of force my sales target 2021 to display 2021 value , i don't know i go and change the master calendar end year from 2020 to 2021 , the side effect is it will affect LYTD sales expression display Null. So far i have encounter few major issue suddenly not working for example cannot refresh data using share point due to need to add serurity access , also setting section access control. and many other items also. never ending .

Paul Yeo

Paul

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Paulyeo11 , if there is no date filter on page and you are not using any date related stuff on visual then you will not get data. As 31-dec-2022 is your date when there is no date in the context for totalytd

You can also try this option, but date should be in context

LYTD QTY forced=
return
if(max('Date'[Date])<=_max, CALCULATE(Sum('order'[Qty]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,year)),'Date'[Date]<=_max), blank())
//OR
//CALCULATE(Sum('order'[Qty]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,year)),'Date'[Date]<=_max)

Hi Amit

Thank you for sharing.
If i set the master calendar date below :-
Date = CALENDAR(Date(2000,01,01),date(2020,12,31))
My next year target expression not working , it display Null:-
Target_2021 = CALCULATE([TARGET_], DATESYTD(DATEADD('Date'[Date],-1,YEAR)))

If i change the master cal date to below :- 
Date = CALENDAR(Date(2000,01,01),date(2021,12,31))
Below expression working fine :-
Target_2021 = CALCULATE([TARGET_], DATESYTD(DATEADD('Date'[Date],-1,YEAR)))
But it affect LTYD expression :-
Sales LYTD =
return

Paul Yeo

HI @Paulyeo11,

Can you please share some dummy data to test? It is hard to troubleshoot and test with your formulas without any detailed data.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Shex 

I already solve the issue. the master calendar end year 2020 , should not be make any changes. it was due to i need to set 2021 sales target amount , and instead of force my sales target 2021 to display 2021 value , i don't know i go and change the master calendar end year from 2020 to 2021 , the side effect is it will affect LYTD sales expression display Null. So far i have encounter few major issue suddenly not working for example cannot refresh data using share point due to need to add serurity access , also setting section access control. and many other items also. never ending .

Paul Yeo

Paul

There'@Paulyeo11,

I'm glad to hear you solve this problem. Looks like you've still faced some extra problems. For this scenario, I would like to suggest that you share more detailed information here. Then we can take a look at these problems and try to fix them.

Best regards

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@Paulyeo11 , Please add a date or year filter to the page and check that. If you do not add a filter/slicer which date will be used for YTD and LYTD is very important.

Date from the row context(year, month or date will give that) , if not the last date of the calendar

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Paulyeo11 

How/where are you using the mesure exactly? 

What is it that does not work exactly?

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.