Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

learner03
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Time difference between Today and first timestamp

I have 2 Table-

Receipt Jobs

Receipt ID

and

Receipt_lines  

Recepit IDItem codetimestamp
123abc7/02/2022 6:59
345def7/02/2022 6:56
123def3/02/2022 11:47
567abc3/02/2022 13:34
345xyz4/02/2022 6:20
789abc2/02/2022 14:20
123abc3/02/2022 9:40
567xyz2/02/2022 14:22

I need below Output- The time difference in number of days based on when the receipting started in Receipt_lines and today. Also, subtracting weekend and holidays. I have a columnm in Calender table where it says 1 for weekday and 0 for weekend and holiday.

Output 

Receipt IDTime difference between today and FIRST timestamp from Receipt_lines table
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learner03 ,

Please try:

Count = 
var _first=CALCULATE(MIN('Receipt_lines'[timestamp]),ALLEXCEPT(Receipt_lines,Receipt_lines[Recepit ID]))
return CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Calendar'),FILTER('Calendar', [Date]>=_first && [Date]<=NOW()&& [Flag]=1 ))
Measure = CALCULATE([Count], FILTER('Receipt_lines',[Recepit ID]=MAX('Receipt Jobs'[Receipt ID])))

Output:

Eyelyn9_0-1644476757794.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learner03 ,

Please try:

Count = 
var _first=CALCULATE(MIN('Receipt_lines'[timestamp]),ALLEXCEPT(Receipt_lines,Receipt_lines[Recepit ID]))
return CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Calendar'),FILTER('Calendar', [Date]>=_first && [Date]<=NOW()&& [Flag]=1 ))
Measure = CALCULATE([Count], FILTER('Receipt_lines',[Recepit ID]=MAX('Receipt Jobs'[Receipt ID])))

Output:

Eyelyn9_0-1644476757794.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

@learner03 I want to help.  I do.

What have you tried?  Can you provide some background?

@littlemojopuppy 
Actually , I want to highlight those receipt ID where the job started more than 3 days ago. So, I have reached to the stage where I can highlight those lines that started 3 days ago but I am not able to workout regarding how can I deduct weekends and holidays based on my calender. 
I have calender table where it shows 1 for weekday and 0 for weekend.
 The column that I have created for more than 3 days is-

Difference =
var tstamp=CALCULATE(MIN('Receipt_lines'[Timestamp]),FILTER(ALL('Receipt_lines'),'Receipt ID'[ReceiptID]='Receipt_lines'[ReceiptID]))
var diff=datediff(tstamp,TODAY(),day)
return
if(diff>3,"Red")

@learner03 @I'm curious why you're creating a calculated column for this.  You always want to use measures.  Always.

You have a field for IsWeekday in your date table.  Add another field for IsHoliday.  And if your calendar is the same as an American holiday calendar, it's kind of a pain because certain dates are holidays (Christmas, December 25; Fourth of July, July 4) and others that are relative (Thanksgiving, fourth Thursday in November).

You should filter dates for (weekend is false) && (holiday is false) and for within the three day period.  I'm typing this on an iPad so kind of limited but I would think something like TODAY()-3 would work.

With those dates filtered,, you should be able to use a CALCULCATE function for MIN(ReceiptLines) with the filtered dates as a parameter.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.