Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Brighton10
Helper II
Helper II

There is no available gateway

Hi all. I am using direct query in power BI desktop for 1 table that needs almost a live connection and other tables I am using import. In the desktop app its working fine. When i publish the report and try to connect to the existing gateway it dont not allow me to. All other reports using import are working as expected with the same gateway. I am getting a 'There is no available gateway'. Can someone please assist. Thanks gateway error.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
SantoshKumar
Employee
Employee

I went through the gateway connections and resolved the connection issues like adding the datadources to the gateway. once, i did those things, " there is no available gateway" error has gone but now i am facing the new error " the report couldn't access the datasource because it doesn't have permission. Choose anoteher gateway or Contact the gateway administrator"

SantoshKumar_0-1626618209034.png

Currently i am the only one gateway administrator and i have not came across any permission issues.

Can i get any solution for this latest issues.

@Brighton10  @amitchandak 

Regards

Santosh Kumar P

SantoshKumar
Employee
Employee

@Brighton10 
I am also facing the same issue and could you please let me know whether you have got any solution.
note: my gateway is also online and working fine which is used in other reports & it is working without any issues.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brighton10 ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the help post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with yours.

Otherwise, Could you please provide the following information?

• What data source you are using in the report? The direct query table and import tables are from same data source but different connection type?
  • The gateway is personal gateway or standard gateway? As you can check the below screenshot the personal gateway don't support the data sources with direct query/live connection mode.

Types of gateways

yingyinr_2-1624429056899.png

In addition, you can refer the following official documentation to make troubleshooting and check whether you can get solution there.

Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
summer18
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Brighton10 , you should configure the data sources you used in PowerBI Service:

Go to Datasets + Dataflows

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Brighton10 , I doubt your gateways is not running or do not have internet access. Make sure your on-premise gateway is running and  login into that

Hi @amitchandak thanks for your reply. The other reports are working using the same gateway. I believe the gateway is online and running. Is there a problem to have connected direct query for the same gateway?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.