Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mäüschen1990
Frequent Visitor

The underlying connection SSL connection was closed .No trust could be established

Hi, 

I get the following error when i try to connect to NAV through the using the OData URL. When i open the link in the browser it works perfectly. I had this problem before as well but it fixed it by installing the certificate and storing it as a Certificate from a trusted source. Now when i try to logon to another server then i get the above error. I believe it could be the case that Power bi cannot distinguish between the many certificates and it is still using the other certificate to verify this connection. Any help would be deeply appreciated. 

LG

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mäüschen1990 ,

I can't reproduce your problem, please Create support ticket. 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The Odata Webservice can be opened without any problem in the browser. If it was a problem with the certificate it would show up there as well, that the certificate is not trusted. The problem only exists on excel and power bi when i try to utilize an Odata-Feed to access the Data. It could also be like i mentioned before that an OData-Feed cannot be utilised to access a new domain. Has anyone else faced such a problem before. I cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact, what could be wrong here.

Best

Hi,

I am not a pro User so cannot generate a ticket. 

Best,

Mohammad

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Mäüschen1990 

Check out the link below and see if it helps: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/703272/could-not-establish-trust-relationship-for-ssl-tls-secure...

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a solution.

Hi,

I have already tried what is referred to in the article. I have tried a self signed certificate as well as an open one. All options have been exhausted. I really dont understand what the problem is. Can Odatafeed be called from a foreign domain even? Any further help from someone who has been confronted with such a problem will be of great help.

LG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.