Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kzeidiyeh
Frequent Visitor

The name 'Parquet.Document' doesn't exist in the current context

I saw a previous thread talking about using a version of Windows that is higher than 7.

Below is the version of Windows that we are using and yet we still getting the error:

kzeidiyeh_0-1702485076960.pngkzeidiyeh_1-1702485113939.png

The error reproduction steps:

1. Select ‘Get Data’ → SQL Server database → Connect
  2. Input Server, Database, and SQL statement
  3. Click ‘Load’ once the data preview shows
  4. Error occurs

Would anyone please be able to advice?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rsincero

Hello,

I am also seeing this (64, 16)-(64, 32) The name 'Parquet.Document' doesn't exist in the current context error message.

I am using PowerBI Desktop 64-bit May 2020, version 2.81.5831.1181 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine.

Limitations: 

(a) Upgrading to a newer version of Desktop is not an option as the Report Server does not support newer version.  I've already tried that with both May 2023 and Sept 2020 versions.

(b) Upgrading the report server is also not an option. (Management decision.)

The steps to reproduce the error is identical to the original poster:

1.  Create a new PowerBI file.

2.  Click Get Data --> Select SQL Server database --> click Connect

3.  Specify Server.  Specify Database. Specify DirectQuery.  Specify a SQL statement.  Click Ok.

4.  Data preview pops up.  Click Load.

5.  The above noted (64, 16)-(64, 32) The name 'Parquet.Document' doesn't exist in the current context error message pops up.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Desktop a couple of times but the error remains.

I've also tried opening existing (previously created) PowerBI files.   

Any PowerBI file that was set up as DirectQuery will not open as the above error message is generated instead.

I can open PowerBI files set up as Import.  I can even make changes to the existing queries.  However, when I click on Edit Queries, and then click Data source settings, the same error message is generated again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

kzeidiyeh
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin - Thanks for your response. The issue is happening with one of our users. I asked them to:

1. uninstall Power BI
  2. restart your machine
  3. re-install Power BI from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494
    • Version 2.123.742.0

Once I hear back from them I will update this post.

Thanks again

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

what version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.